Friday, September 26, 2008

It's Page One!

I am twined by laziness...I surrender to this feeling which seems to be induced by this mellow, yellow, afternoon light...Or pehaps it's some deeper, impenetrable malady...Is there a cure for lethargy? Every activity must cease after some time...Lord! How quickly I get bored! Too much of something's as bad as too much of nothing...I tap my fingers - diversions, Lord, I need more diversions! Books, music, movies, friends, walks and talks - I hunger for more....And I have tapped my reservoir of creativity dry...Or rather, I don't want to write...Writing is a solitary act and I guess am tired of this splendid isolation...Out, out, out of the city - the country sunshine's what I covet...Need a break...Like pack my bag and go for a two-week vacation in the deep, deep south...This is the age of "Spell It Out" where hints, subtleties and insinuations don't work for they have lost their meaning...What you feel, you must write in bold so that they understand you, and also misunderstand you...No one can see, even though it's Page One...It's not enough that I whine to my parents I am fed up with this goddamn routine...I have to spell it out - "I AM BORED. SO MAY I TAKE A BREAK AND GO DOWN SOUTH FOR A MINI VACATION? NO FLIGHTS PLEASE. I WANT TO TRAVEL BY TRAIN." Then I'll be understood or misunderstood...Either way, I win...For I see myself breaking free of this monotony :)

1 comment:

wryhumour said...

Looks like this was written in a hurry .. while packing your bags maybe :) ?